Again, we, Gangnam Medical Tour Center, appreciate your continued support and look forward to growing as one in 2018.
Coming back in 2018, we will bring with us, more useful and more helping newsletter.
We wish you all a new year rich with the blessings of love, joy, warmth, and laughter.
Jaseng Hospital of Korean Medicine – Most stressed human body part from cold!
Stretching exercise for frozen shoulder and neck.
As the weather gets colder, people are easily seen with their shoulders rolled up to the front with their arms crossed. The curled up posture may result in straight neck syndrome or cervical hypolordosis syndrome. Make the best use of your spare time with stretching your stiff neck and frozen shoulders.
The twinkle-twinkle shoulder exercise
- 01. Sit up on a chair with your right arm stretched to your left and lock it with your left arm.
- 02. With your right hand wide open, rotate the wrist. Try not to let the right shoulder go up. Remain 15 seconds for both sides.
Relaxing the neck and shoulder muscle.
- 01. Sit up on a chair and inhale deeply and exhale slowly and repeat 1-2 times.
- 02. After you’re back to a steady breath, hold your breath at a maximum inhale and move your both shoulders up and drop them. Repeat 5-10 times.
Source: Jaseng Hospital of Korean Medicine
Below is brief information about the cost for cosmetic surgery frequently
asked by our foreigner-visitors to the center.
- Foreigner (without a alien registration) may be charged the normal medical cost since they are insured by the national health insurance for Korean citizen or registered foreginers.
- The cost for treatments for non-registered foreigners can be set by each medical institutions and it is not subject to be pre-notified by any lists, booklets, or bills.
- Especially many categories in the cost for cosmetic surgery do not fall under covered charges (by insurance) and they are subject to VAT. The cost can vary from one institution from another based on many different aspects such as land value, facilities, equipments, medical teams, or level of difficulty of treatment or operation.
- As a result, the cost for foreigners who are not insured by the national health insurance can be decided by each institution and each patients can be charged differently.
Information related to VAT(Value Added Tax) extension
As has been posted about VAT many times by us, our tax refund for VAT from the 1st of April 2016 to the 31st of December 2017, has now been extended again to the 31st of December 2018. Regarding this matter, if you are new to such information and if you have been meaning to have a cosmetic surgery in Korea, please refer to below:
- In Korea, VAT for cosmetic surgery is 10% but ever since the 1st of April 2018, foreign tourists can be receive a 10% tax refund.
- However, not all medical institutions in Korea are covered by the tax refund and there are requirements for medical institutions to provide VAT refunds, as follows.
- First, the institution must be registered as a medical institution for foreign patients and approved by the Minister of Health and Welfare.
- Second, the institution must have an franchise agreement contract with a business operator approved by National Tax Service, and have the required equipments such as a terminal equipment, purchased and prepared in the facility.
- For foreign tourists to check if the medical institution is a tax refund institution, you can visit the institution before treatments and find the label or brochures or signs and most importantly, you need to check beforehand with the desk if the institution provides the tax refunds.
Outside activities by the center in November and December.
- 05.12 – Oriental Medicine Tea tasting event in Yeoksam Global Center
- 09.12~10.12 – The Expat Fair 2017