A long Chuseok holiday is over and autumn is among us.Here we still are, striving to provide you with more useful information.
There are various activities and experiences waiting for you at Gangnam Medical Tour Center located atApgujeong Station, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.
Please visit us at the first opportunity that you get.
CPR Related Contents
On August 31st, Gangnam Medical Tour Center has conducted training on CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and on how to use AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
for those who work for our partner organizations.
According to research, the proportion of patients with cardiac arrestwho were at home (58.0%) is higher than that of public places (26.6%).
This newsletter will give you a brief CPR-related information, which can save your family’s lives in emergencies.
Things to Remember in CPR - Perform CPR within 4 minutes!
Basic knowledge About Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- The most important thing in saving a patient with a cardiac arrest is time. When the cardiac arrest occurs, the oxygen supply to the brain and heart is interrupted and the chances of survival decline over time.
- Performing CPR within 4 minutes can save the patient without brain damage. However, after 4 minutes without any action, brain damage occurs, and after 10 minutes, it can lead to death.
- More than 20,000 people a year die from sudden cardiac arrest in Korea, and more than 60% of the cardiac arrest occurs at home. Do not wait for paramedics to arrive, but do CPR immediately, if you want to save your family member or friend without brain damage.
- It is a good idea to remember the method and order of CPR by searching the internet.
- Most subway and public buildings have automatic defibrillators (AEDs). If you open the AED case and turn on the power, you will be guided by the voice, so do not panic and try it out boldly. Chest compressions must continue while preparing the AED.
Order of an Adult CPR
- 1. Consciousness and Breath Check: Tap the patient's shoulder lightly, and confirm the consciousness with a loud voice.
- 2. Call for help: If a person who has lost consciousness does not respond, does not breathe, or has irregular breathing, ask for help. Immediately report to 119 and ask the nearest person to bring an AED.
- 3. Chest compression for 30 times: Remove the top of the patient, and place the palm of your hands against the center of the patient's chest and press it firmly and vertically, keeping your elbows straight. Press strongly and quickly 100 to 120 times per minute with compression depth of 5~6 cm. After compression,let the chest be relaxed to its original state.
- 4. Artificial respiration for twice: Turn back the patient's head with one hand and the patient's chin with the other hand to secure airway. Close the patient's nose, cover the patient's mouth completely, and then breathe for one second as normal breathing, checking that the chest is rising. Blow enough to raise the chest of the patient, and never overdo it. If you feel uncomfortable with the artificial respiration, repeat the chest compression only.
- 5. Repeat chest compression and artificial respiration: Repeat the cycle of 30 chest compressions and 2 artificial respirations until the paramedic arrives.
Warm up your body with a cup of tea, have protect your health in the change of seasons. In this newsletter we would like to share with you how to make a Korean traditional tea, the jujube tea, which is known to be good for health and easily made at home.
The Efficacy of Jujube Tea
Jujube is rich in vitamin C, which helps to restore fatigue and improve immunity. It is perfect for the winter when the immunity can weaken. In particular, jujube tea has a good effect on respiratory diseases as well as colds, and it also shows efficacy against rhinitis. Jujube also has the effect of stabilizing the nerves. It helps relieve stress and prevent winter depression. In addition, Jujube prevents constipation by smoothing the internal function of our body, and removes poison and gas accumulated in the body.
- Main ingredient: 30 jujube
- Substitute: 9 cups of water and honey/sugar
- Amount: Based on 4 servings
- 1. Rinse the jujube and boil them with water in a thick jug.
- 2. Once the water boils, continue for 2 more hours with low heat. The amount of water initially poured should be reduced to about two-thirds.
- 3. Put out the jujube, rub lightly on the sieve, and pick out the seeds and skin.
- 4. Put more water and the jujube into the jug, add some sugar or honey and boil again.
- 5. Enjoy the jujube tea after another 2 hours.
Available place near Gangnam Medical Tour Center: Tea Therapy
Are you looking for consultation service with the cooperation medical institutions of Gangnam Medical Tour Center?
Are you aware of the reservation service of medical consultation of Gangnam Medical Tour Center? The following information is for those who would like to know about the consultation and reservation service:
Visit the Gangnam Medical Tour Center’s
Fill out the medical appointment service form.
You will receive an e-mail answer from us within 3 to 4 days.
Appointment agency service
Distribution/submission of medical consultation request form
Visiting the clinic on the appointment day
※ Reservation is required at least 3 days in advance (7 days for university hospitals).